>Top 7. Feature of Coronavirus (COVD-19):
- Dr. Tatsuhiko Kodama of Tokyo Univ. analyses as follows. (as of 2020/3/17 by YouTube)
- The typical data was obtained from the cruse ship (Diamond Princess); 700 people were infected, 30 intensively cared at ICU, and 7 were dead.
- Gene of the virus was analyzed in 10 days, which enabled to prepare inspection kit within a fortnight.
- >Top The world biggest companies of BGI (Beijing Genomics Institute established in 1999) and Roche (in 1896) started PCR (Polymerase Chain Reaction) inspection.
- BGI succeeded to read gene of the virus in 10 days and prepared inspection system in fortnight by mid Jan. 2020; and Roche followed it a week later.
- WHO says that more inspection and isolation matter; vaccine and antivirus agent are still under developing.
- The cruise ship Diamond Princess had an infected person by the end of Jan. 2020, but thereafter continued to voyage visiting Okinawa and Yokohama.
- >Top In Wǔhàn, two isolation hospitals having each 1000-bed with HEPA (High Efficiency Particulate Air Filter) filtered rapidly constructed within 10 days.
- While in Japan, on Feb. 8, Japanese NIID (National Institute Infectious Diseases) tried to make own inspection kit.
- >Top It is important that the Precision Medicine has drastically changed the global medicine; collecting each medical data by smartphone, after the completion of gene information in 2000.
- Pīng Ān Insurance of China retains 300M medical information ('Good Doctor') developed by $8B R&D; and Google, Amazon, or JP Morgan retains 1.3M.
- In infected cluster areas, 540K PCR Inspections were done mobilizing 54K medical staff; similarly huge inspections, individual GPS tracking, and perfect isolation were done in Korea, Taiwan, and Singapore.
- These inspection clarified that most infections occurred within family.
- The way of inspection was via digestive tract and respiratory tract.; it should have avoided to collect questionnaire sheet in a cruise ship to prevent contact infection.
- Comparison of infection:
- Japan, US, and UK are exceptionally low; 5 per 1M compared to 50-200 per 1M in other countries.
- In second week in Mar., 7893 people applied to get inspection, but only 310 could be inspected (96% applicants were rejected).
- Total infection cases: >Fig.
- in US, notorious Grand Princess with casino cruise ship returned from Hawaii increased the number of infection; such cruise ships were notorious by repeating 300-600 norovirus infection and dumping huge garbage in the ocean during 2002-2014, which was fined $4B by US court.
- >Top The inspection method of BGI and Riche are superior than US CDC (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention) or NIID in having more robust inspection depending on detailed gene information.
- UK and Japanese universal insurance functioned positively in the inspection procedure.
- >Top Patients with severe pneumonia need ECMO (Extracorporeal Membrane Oxygenation) attachment.
- Risk management:
- School closure is not effective to prevent infection; children tend to be infected by parent or adults; avoiding traffic in rush hour is more effective.
- Omission or equivocation by the message of top leaders should be avoided.
- >Top Collective care for severe patients; preventing hospital infection, preparing enough number of protective clothing, face mask, and N95 mask (Particulate Respiratory Type N95).
- Rule of use of personal data: utilization of big data with anonymity is indispensable; who, how and where infected, age, gender, belonged company, and hospital.
- Source: T.Kodama 2020/04/03